About Brittney Asch
Hello! Let me start by saying I am so excited you are considering taking the step of finding a therapist! There can be a great deal of stigma when it comes to seeking treatment, and I value the courage it takes even to begin the process.
Here’s a little about me. I am a highly motivated individual who is very organized and loves her to-do lists! I love to laugh and use humor as a way to connect with my clients. I was born in Florida, but I’ve lived in North Carolina almost half my life now and consider it home. I really love spending time with my partner, my friends, and my family. I enjoy cooking, going to concerts, swimming, reading (check out what’s on my bookshelf below!), and hiking. I can’t wait to get to know you!
Professionally, I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist. I have my Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and my Master of Social Work from North Carolina State University. I am the president on the board of the North Carolina Society for Clinical Social Work and am actively involved in my community. I believe that therapy is for everyone and do not view therapy solely as “problem-centered”, but more “person-centered”. I value working with clients who want to better themselves and their relationships in order to lead more fulfilled lives.
I have always had a passion for helping people and one of my favorite phrases that I use in therapy is “Start Where You Are” (I even have a sign in my office!) Everyone comes into therapy with different needs, different histories, and different desires – my goal is to work with you and figure out together where you are and where you would like to be. Therapy is based on trust and I believe that trust is built through relationships. My style is down-to-earth, practical, and kind. Building a relationship is one of my core values as a therapist. I want therapy to be a safe space and nonjudgmental environment that allows us to build a meaningful, respectful relationship.
Thank you for reading. I look forward to building a relationship with you and walking alongside you in your journey to a more fulfilling life!
On My Bookshelf
Here is small, ever changing glimpse of books I’ve enjoyed reading in the past, am currently reading, or have on my “to read” list.
- Reclaiming Body Trust – Hilary Kinavey, Dana Sturtevant
- Set Boundaries, Find Peace – Nedra Glover Tawwab
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Braving the Wilderness – Brene Brown
- Daring Greatly – Brene Brown
- Perks of Being a Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky
- Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body – Roxane Gay
- Take Me With You – Andrea Gibson
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- The Body Keeps the Score – Bessel van der Kolk
- What We Don’t Talk About When We Talk About Fat – Aubrey Gordon
- Lifting Heavy Things – Laura Khoudari
- Untamed – Glennon Doyle
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo – Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Where’d You Go Bernadette – Maria Semple
- Rest is Resistance – Tricia Hersey
- Wild – Cheryl Strayed
- Educated – Tara Westover
- My Grandmother’s Hands – Resmaa Menakem
- How to be Antiracist – Ibram X. Kendi
- I’ll Give You the Sun – Jandy Nelson
Photo Credit: Lena Leonchuk